This page covers abilities and status effects from Into The Breach.
Abilities and status effects are conferred by equipment, pilot skills, or terrain. The below list contains all the possible effects that can affect a unit. Some are limited to Vek, others can only be used by mechs.
- Energy Shield : Shields block damage and prevent new negative status effects (Fire, Freezing, A.C.I.D, etc.). Only direct damage will remove the Shield.
- Fire Immunity : This unit cannot be set on Fire.
- Flying : Flying units can move over any terrain tile.
- Kickoff Boosters : +2 Move this turn.
- Natural Armor : Weapon damage to this unit is reduced by 1, including Psionic Tyrant's Hive Targeted ability. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected.
- Smoke Immunity : This unit is unaffected by Smoke.
- Zoltan Shield : Same as a normal Shield, but regenerates at the start of every turn.
- A.C.I.D. : Weapon damage against this unit is doubled and Natural Armor is disabled. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected. Repairing removes the effect.
- Fire : Units on Fire take 1 damage at the start of every turn. Repairing removes the effect, so does ending a movement Submerged in Water or in Smoke.
- Frozen : Units that are frozen are unable to move or attack, but can free themselves by repairing. Any damage to a frozen unit is negated, but will free the unit.
- Not Powered : Units without power are inactive and cannot move or attack, but still block reinforcements on their tile.
- Webbed : Units webbed by the Vek cannot move, but they can still attack.
- Electric Smoke : Units in Smoke cannot attack or repair. Electricity damages enemy units.
- Forest Fire : Unit is inflicted with Fire.
- Smoke : Units in Smoke cannot attack or repair.
- Submerged : Weapons do not work when submerged in Water.
- Submerged in A.C.I.D. : Weapons do not work and the submerged Mech is inflicted with A.C.I.D.
- Submerged in Lava : Weapons do not work and the submerged Mech is inflicted with Fire.
- Alpha Unit : Alpha units are more powerful than their standard counterparts
- Burrower : This Vek will hide underground after taking one or more damage.
- Explosive Decay : Explodes on death, dealing 1 damage to adjacent tiles. This damage ignores Armor!
- Flying: Flying units can move over any terrain tile. Flying mechs cannot be waterlogged and are not affected by lava or A.C.I.D. tiles. Flying units are not immune to A.C.I.D. pools, fire, or emerging Vek.
- Hardened Carapace : The Shell Psion is providing Armor to all Vek, reducing incoming weapon damage by 1. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected.
- Hive Leader : These are the most powerful Vek. Immune to water, they can be more challenging to kill.
- Hive Targeted : The Psion Tyrant will do 1 damage all friendly units every turn.
- Invigorating Spores : The Soldier Psion is providing +1 HP to all Vek.
- Massive : Massive units can walk in Water (but Water will prevent shooting).
- Overpowered : The Psion Abomination is enhancing all Vek. They gain +1 HP, regeneration, and explode on death.
- Regeneration : The Blood Psion is healing all Vek 1 point every turn.
- Self-Repairing : If damaged, this unit will Shield itself and prepare to heal.
- Stable : Cannot be moved by any weapon effect (Push, Teleport, etc.).
- Interestingly, setting fire to Civilian Building tiles does not damage your Power Grid.
- Killing an opponent with Explosive Decay near a building will damage the building, but there is a chance based on Grid Defense that the building will resist damage. Therefore, the Reset Turn ability can be useful here to "try again" on exploding with a more favorable result.