We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|“||The Cryo Launcher is an excellent tool in the fight against the Vek, but it takes an experienced Pilot to master.||„|
As their name suggests, the main gimmick of the Frozen Titans is having the ability to freeze enemies using the Ice Mech's Cryo-Launcher. This must be used effectively to neutralise threats that the other two mechs' very low damage cannot cover.
- Cryo Expert
- Shoot the Cryo-Launcher 4 times in a single battle
- Trick Shot
- Kill 3 enemies with a single attack of the Janus Cannon
- Kill fewer than 3 enemies in a single battle
- In general, try to turn the Ice Mech's self-freeze drawback into an advantage. Position the mech to block Vek attacks or emerging Vek, so that it both prevents the damage and cracks the freeze.
- Kazaaakpleth is a great pilot for the Ice Mech. They can free themself from ice while attacking an enemy, if one happens to come to close.
- If you have Mafan or Bethany Jones piloting the Ice Mech their shields will negate the self-freeze effect of its attack, making the mech more straightforward to use. Try to freeze something every turn, as frozen grid buildings get a shield-like layer of protection. Otherwise, you can use another mech to un-freeze the Ice Mech and freeze more enemies consecutively.
- Get the Aegis Mech's shield upgrade as soon as possible. Gaining a shield after every attack gives the mech a huge advantage and allows you to use it to block Vek emergence, deal risk-free knockback damage, and protect buildings from the Janus Cannon's reverse fire.
- The best objectives to take with the Frozen Titans are train and Volatile Vek. Freezing the train not only serves as a shield but also prevents the train from moving and ramming into obstacles without failing the objective. The Volatile Vek can be frozen and ignored.
- The worst objective is getting 7 kills, as the squad cannot get enough firepower to do so and will end up with lots of grid damage. The Cryo-Launcher actively inhibits achieving this objective.
- If advanced missions are on, missions that involve getting 4 or fewer kills are the best as the Cryo-Launcher can just freeze Vek without killing.
- This squad has very limited knockback ability. Investing in a weapon like Boosters adds a lot of flexibility.
- Satellites won't launch if they're frozen.
- Any unit (vek or mech) getting frozen above a chasm will fall and die.