|This article is a stub. You can help Into the Breach Wiki by .|
All missions are affected by the difficulty level selected in the hangar:
- Normal: Designed to provide an interesting challenge to new and experienced players.
- Easy Mode: Reduced enemy spawn rates. Score is reduced by 50%.
- Hard Mode: Increased spawn rates and more Alpha Vek. Score is increased by 50%.
There's no penalty for unlocking islands on Easy mode first.
Missions also have local difficulty modifiers:
- Easy: Defensive shields are placed on random buildings.
- Medium: No modifier applied.
- Hard: High-threat detected, meaning at least one alpha Vek and increased spawns.
A mission can have from 1 to 3 objectives. Some objectives are common to all islands and some objectives are specific to certain islands.
Every mission has certain rewards granted to the player as long as they fulfill certain objectives. Most missions grant either one or two reputation points within a corporation in exchange for fulfilling a specific goal. Additionally, some missions will grant grid power in exchange for the protection of a specific building. It is also possible to get a Reactor Core during a mission.
A Time Pod may also randomly appear in a mission, requiring the player to either have a mech stand on the tile on which it appears in order to collect it or to prevent the Vek from destroying it until the end of the mission. Time pods always give the player a Reactor Core, plus a randomly selected item or pilot (Note: you will not always get an item or pilot)
For each island, if you complete all missions successfully (including rescuing any Time Pods) you get a bonus reward of the choice of either 1 item, 1 pilot or add 2 to your Power Grid (increasing Grid Defense if Power Grid is maxed out).
- 1 Reputation can be turned in for 1 Power Grid, so gaining Reputation is equal or better than gaining Power Grid.
- However, Reputation can only be cashed in after completing an entire island, so direct Power Grid improvements can provide short term benefits which help in the long term.
- Missions that offer Reactor Core rewards are difficult but often worth going after. (3 Reputation can be traded in for 1 Reactor Core.)
|Kill at least 5 Enemies (Easy)||x||x||x||x|
|Kill at least 7 Enemies (Normal/Hard)||x||x||x||x|
|Do not kill the Volatile Vek||x||x||x||x|
|End Battle with less than 4 Mech Damage||x||x||x||x|
|Take less than 3 Grid Damage||x||x||x||x|
|Block Vek Spawning 3 times||x||x||x||x|
|Defend the train||x||x|
|Defend the Artillery Support||x|
|Protect the Old Earth Bar||x||x|
|Protect the Clinic||x|
|Destroy the Dam||x|
|Defend the Satellite Launches||x|
|Defend the Tanks||x|
|Defend the Earth Mover||x|
|Defend the Terraformer||x|
|Terraform the grassland back to desert||x|
|Destroy 2 Mountains||x|
|Protect the two Prototype Renfield Bombs||x|
|Defend both Solar Farms||x|
|Break at least 5 buildings out of the ice||x|
|Freeze and defend both robots||x|
|Defend both Robot Factories||x|
|Defend both Robots||x|
|Defend the Disposal Unit||x|
|Destroy all mountains||x|
|Destroy the A.C.I.D. Vats||x|
|Kill 4 enemies inflicted with A.C.I.D.||x|
|Protect both Power Plants||x|
|Protect the Coal Plant||x||x||x||x|
|Protect the Emergency Batteries||x||x||x||x|
|Protect the Power Generator||x||x||x||x|
|Protect the Robotics Lab||x||x|
|Protect the Defense Lab||x||x|
|Destroy 5 Goos||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Beetle Leader||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Firefly Leader||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Hornet Leader||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Scorpion Leader||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Spider Leader||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Psion Abomination||x||x||x||x|
|Destroy the Bot Leader||x|
|Protect the Corporate Tower||x||x||x||x|
|Protect the Time Pod||x||x||x||x|